Tuesday, May 28, 2013

17 Carrots

 
This polish should maybe be called 17 carats just because of the shine.  As with all polishes by Whimsical Ideas they have a certain something that sets them aside from the rest.  For one the bottles are so cute and I admire the person who is patient enough to put them on but there is something else about these polishes, they are so pretty.  I wore it yesterday and woke up this morning to take pictures only to realize that I am retaining water so please excuse the fingers and focus on the nails.  The polish is set in a crelly like form but dries pretty fast and it has orange glitter and just the faintest amount of black glitter as if you had just pulled this delectable root from the ground.  It kind of reminds me of Gone with the Wind when Scarlett finds that carrot and chows it down and says, “As God is my witness, I will never go hungry again”.    One of my favorite movies. 
So, what I did with this particular polish was use one coat of Zoya’s Amy and two coats of 17 Carrots and Julep polymer top coat ( I really like that stuff).  It went on like a dream and dried in record time.  I took a shower 30 minutes after putting it on and I had no problem so it was really dry.  I think that is one of the qualities that Pam has been able to achieve is like I said when I reviewed Once Upon a Time.  The dry time is quick and it is a solid dry not a goopy one and I think that is one of the reasons I just love her polish.  So, here are the pictures.  I took many because it was so easy to photograph but I will only post about five.
 
carrots
 
 
 
carrots8
 
carrots10
 
carrots17
 
 
carrots2
 
 
carrots20
 
I was going to put a matte coat on to see what it looked like but I completely forgot.  Next time I wear it I plan to matte it out so I will post those pictures soon.  I think it would look really good matted also.
 
Ciao for now,
Patty

1 comment:

Essie Rae said...

Very cute. I'm loving orange polish lately:)