Thursday, June 6, 2013

KB Shimmer Summer 2013

I have to say that KB Shimmer is one of my favorite indies.  I remember when her line would put out new polish on Etsy you wanted to be left alone and be fast on the computer to make sure you got the polish you wanted.  I can’t even remember what was the name of my first bottle.  For that matter, I don’t even know how many bottles I have.  So, when a new line comes out it is very exciting for me.  So, today, I have Blinded by the Bright, it is definitely a neon yellow crelly with red, teal, gold, orange and blue glitters.   It is bright but not overpowering.  I want to say that I think this polish is cute and reminds me of a little chick.   I like to wear yellow on a shopping day.  Yellow is just a really a happy color. Because of my prior jobs I have noticed that some mental hospitals are painted yellow because it does help to stimulate the mind.  I used China Glaze Lemon Fizz and two coats of Blinded by the Bright with Julep Polymer top coat.
 
kb yellow
 
Kb Yellow4
 
kbyellow7
 
kbyellow5
 
 
kbyellow4
 
kbyellow13
 
The next color I have to show you is What is Your Damage? is a white crelly with big black glitters, smaller black, pink, and mint green glitters.  I used OPI’s My Boyfriend Scales Walls as undies and then two coats.  It was a little harder to get the glitters out of this polish but I just put the bottle upside down for about 15 minutes and went on my merry way.  I used two coats and then again used Julep polymer topcoat.  This polish is perfect for the new white polish summer trend.   After a long day at the beach, going out at night I always wear an all white outfit and this polish is perfect for that night out.
 
swamp4
 
swamp5
 
swamp7
 
swamp10
 
swamp11
 
swamp6
 
 
The third and last one is Grayscale.  There are several variations of this polish.  This one consists of black and white glitters.  There is the Lynnderella polish but it does not have square glitters like this one, the other one is from China Glaze Whip it Up but this one is just small black and white glitters with bar glitters.  Grayscale definitely is the combination of everything.  It has square, hex, and smaller round white glitters.  The black glitters are small black glitters and bar glitters.  So, Grayscale definitely has  a larger variety of glitters than it’s counterparts.  So, now you’ve got this great glitter topper what color do you use.  Well, if you are me you, are going to use red, white and black.  I just love this color combination. Although, I did get a really pretty ring in black, white and green ring,  I am saving it for something else I have cooking in my head.  I used Butter London’s Macbeth because it is not an overpowering red and then white in OPI’s My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I chose these colors but you can use any colors with this polish.  Skittles, you can do an ombre,  or use all one color.  This polish is very versatile and those of you who read my blog know how much I love to recycle or have a polish that has many uses.
 
greyscale
 
greyscale2
 
greyscale4
 
greyscale5
 
greyscale9
 
greyscale12
 
greyscale27
 
greyscale6
 
These polishes went on sale June 1, 2013.  KB Shimmer Polishes can be purchased at KB Shimmer.com or at Harlow and Co.
 
 
These products were provided to me for my honest review.
 
Ciao for now bellas,
Patty

1 comment:

Essie Rae said...

They all look beautiful on you. I love KBShimmer.