Thursday, November 21, 2013

Editorial.........Stop the Madness!

I just wanted to write about some thoughts I had that have turned into a positive experience.   I suffer from cystic acne.  Early in this blog, I wrote about it.   About two weeks ago, I started ti have a breakout.  I decided to change my skin care products but who was going to be telling me what to use?  The lady behind the Clinique counter? What's her training?  Does she really know what my skin needs?  No!  She is just going to sell me their three step program and that has never worked on my skin.  So, I put all my skincare products and my makeup bases in a bag and headed to the dermatologist, who one is not trying to send me a load of makeup and is really going to treat my problem.  She gave me samples of a a creme, which I think is great because you never know with those things.  It did irritate my skin so she called in some clindagel, which had worked in the past a low dose antibiotic.  Total cost: $62.00.  I think I would have spent a lot more money if I had just gone to the makeup counter.  I did ask what cleanser to use and she said that the Neutogena was fine. Then I asked what makeup was good, she basically told me all makeup can cause a breakout.  She recommended that when I use makeup. Take it off as soon as possible and just use a thin layer of the clindagel.  So, now I am on a quest for a different makeup.  I've been using Clinique but I've gotten some samples of some other ones and I think I found what I want.  I'll let you know

Ciao,
Patty

No comments: