Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Deborah Lippman Wicked

In honor of the 10th anniversary of the wickedly wonderful play Wicked Deborah Lippman captured the colors of the play and I have to say she hit the nail on the head.  If you haven’t seen the play it is the preclude to The Wizard of Oz and how the wicked witch became so mean and green.  If you saw this year’s story of The Wonderful and Powerful OZ., they just jive I really wish they would have kept it in line with Wicked but whatever is going to make money that is what we get but this is to celebrate Wicked and the three wonderful characters in Wicked. 
So, the names of the polish are named after the songs in the play this one is called Popular sung by Glinda, the good queen, when she was young while the character represented sweetness.  There were times I just wanted to strangle her this pink is perfect for Gliinda.  Now, this polish is a jelly.  I love the way jellies look but I hate the dry time on them.  This one had a miraculously fast dry time.  (Wish this formula was on Daytripper).  I was blindsided but it has a bluish shimmer.

deb4 

deb15
The pink is called Popular and represents the blonde squeaky clean blonde roommate of Elphaba

deb7

deb17

deb16
This is called Defying Gravity that wonderfully powerful song sung by Elphaba.  The formula on this is just like a lip gloss.  It went on so smooth.  I only used one coat and it did not need anymore.

deb23

deb25

The glitter topper which of course represents the city of Oz is called One Short Day.  This is not a chunky glitter and goes on like the the green with glitter. 
I am so glad I ordered this set.  THe formulas are like nothing I’ve ever seen from Deborah Lippmann.  I got this set at Nordstrom.  It cost $29.00.  The bottles are little but that is ok because every color except for Popular needs only on coat.  I used three coats on Popular but you could get by with two.  If you like these colors or know someone who does buy it for or give it as a gift.  It is funny.  I just saw a  commercial for the anniversary of Wicked.   I saw it around two years ago with my niece and we both wore green nail polish but if it comes to town again I’ll be there wearing one of these polishes.  

Ciao for now,
Patty

No comments: