Saturday, October 6, 2012

Oh, Konad Plate M66, I Am Not Scared Of You Anymore

Ah, plate M66.  I remember it was in my first order from Konad I of course ordered plate 57, the one with the leopard print the black stamping polish and then after much studying of the polish I decided on M66 because it had so may designs.  OMG.  When I tried to use it I just had failure after failure.  I was ready to throw it in the trash but then I was sitting in my therapist office and she was telling me something and I saw her cup and I said plate 66.  She now knew I wasn’t listening and she said Patty what is going on.  I told her I was sorry it is just that I got this idea for the a manicure from her cup.  She said ok.  She said she had read the blog and asked if I minded that she read it very often, I said sure at least I know someone is reading it.  But I know she gets info from here to use in our sessions.  That’s ok.  Helps me.  So, first I want to show you the base color.  I think it is called cotton and is from American Apparel.  When I bought it, I got it for a dollar and they took off the label. 

DSCF4128

I think it is so pretty.  Sometimes I wear it alone just because it is so pretty and then the next day I stamp something on it an make a total mess of it.  I just had to delete a stamping I did because I did not notice that the leaves had smeared.  So,  I be redoing that one but not with this polish.  American Apparel polishes are so smooth I just really like them.  Everytime I am in the area, I make an excuse to stop there.  And today I was reading The Polish Aholic's blog and Urban Outfitters have this new polish out that changes color in the sun.  I love those.  I have like five Del Sol’s and I always wear them on a day that there is no sun.  I am going to do a gradient soon with two of those that ought to be interesting.
So, here is my therapist’s cup.
DSCF4136
 
 


DSCF4137
 
 

 
DSCF4139
 
 

DSCF4141

So, this is what her cup looks like and it was on my nails for a short period of time,  but the main thing is that I used plate 66 and let my fear go.  So you might see me use it more now because it does have some cute designs.  I did put a gold butterfly in the image but I am noticing it is not showing up so much on camera because it has lost one generation sometimes two.  One thing I know about pictures is that they lose generations, I used to have a dear friend who was artist/photographer and she told me every time you re use and image for something it loses a generation.  That is why if you are going to buy a print from an artist as you should look at the number in the back and find out how many prints were made the lower the number the better the clarity and value.   I know things.  She once was going to sell some prints and my number is 8.  She produced 250 and said I am giving you #1.  I told her I couldn’t take that it was the print she would make the most money on and that 8 was enough.  She finally agreed.  Lost it in the divorce, I know where it is and it really upsets me when I think about it.  That is all I better say about that.  I don’t want to stir any pots. It is what it is. 

Ciao for now,
Patty

No comments: