Thursday, April 11, 2013

Kimber’s Challenge A-Z N is for NARS Night Porter

This is a Nars polish I have had for about two years and really have not worn that much but I keep it because it really is pretty in person in pictures it just gets lost.  I must have taken at least 30 pictures and could not get this shimmer.  This is a shimmer polish but to me it looks much more like a crème.  Now, I do have to admit that the formula is just ok.  It is not outstanding like some other polishes and I got to thinking maybe that is why I don’t reach for it as much.  Once it dries and has top coat it is ok but Nars polishes are quite pricey and for that amount of money.  I want outstanding.  I did not get that with this polish.  I just wanted to make sure I got two N’s for this challenge.  Next week is O maybe I will try that other very popular O polish for that one.  HMM.  Maybe?
 
nightporter
 
nightporter3
 
nightporter6
 
Ciao for now,  I do have swatches that are ready to go and I am so hoping I can post them tomorrow.
Patty

13 comments:

Simona @lightyournails said...

The colour is amazing but I agree with you, for that price tag a polish must be perfect!

Lisa Chakan said...

I'm with you and Simona! It's a pretty polish, but doesn't come close to meeting the expectations we have for a polish of that price.

You know, Patty, I've not had good luck, at all, with NARS. I think it's probably just a random thing, but I've two other of their polishes, and my reaction is exactly the same to them: nothing to write home about. Given my self-imposed polish budgetary restrictions, it will be a long time before I pick up another.

Still, I love your honesty, girly-girl. You always make me ponder the reality, as opposed to the blingtastic spin.

Hugs, sweetie.

Lisa

Unknown said...

I have never tired NARS, but that is a beautiful color.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you had such a hard time with application, I hate getting an expensive polish that doesn't do well!

Unknown said...

It's always so disappointing to spend a ton of money on something and then feel "ho hum" about it. It is a pretty color, but it sucks that it's not more of a bang for your buck!

Jenni said...

I've never tried Nars, just because like you said, I want outstanding when I pay big bucks too.

Vixx said...

I love this color, but always hold back on buying Nars since the formula sound so bad. Always a shame when such a gorgeous color is a pain to apply!

RiaG Beauty Blog said...

Beautiful polish! I only have one NARS polish, the re-released Zulu.

A Mani Maniac said...

I really like the color, but admit I do not own 1 NARS polish. I feel for you - wxpectations are high when you spend a good buck, and if it isn't as great as you think it should be, it is such a let down.

A Polished Prance said...

That is a pretty colour, what a shame it isnt the best to use :(

Glittery Fingers & Sparkling Toes said...

I see what you mean, it's gorgeous in the bottle and though it's pretty on your nail, it doesn't look like the same polish as the bottle. And I agree with you 100%, for that much money, I want a wow factor!

Anonymous said...

The color in the bottle looks so much more teal/green-ish but I do like how it looks on the nail too!

Cristina - PeeBeforePolish said...

Love the color, so elegant and classy, but I agree with the other ladies: when you pay a "certain" price for a nail polish, you'd expect pure perfection.