Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy Birthday KB Shimmer

I want to personally wish KB Shimmer a happy bithday this month of August. I think regular readers of my blog know I have about three indies that I really love and while I have never said which ones they are I do want to say that one of them is KB Shimmer.  For the last two campaigns I have been honored to be asked to swatch a couple of colors.  My collection is up to 29.  I also have to say that she makes my absolute favorite indie nail polish.  Just out of curiosity I went into Etsy and wanted to see which was the first KB Shimmer I ordered and I ordered Party in June of 2012.  So, this week I am going to round up all my swatches and next Saturday put them in one post.
So, this is the Grape Beyond a  matte with a smokey purple with a subtle teal shimmer.  This is  looks like as a matte.  I totally love this.  It dries very fast and I really love that because this is part of a duo so you can just wear it like this and it dries to a pretty solid matte.  I worry sometimes that matte are going to scratch or just not stay on but I didn’t feel that with this one.
DSCF1236             DSCF1238
DSCF1240   DSCF1234
This is the Grape Beyond with one coat of top coat.  I looks gorgeous like this too.
DSCF1242DSCF1247
DSCF1245        DSCF1244
Next is what I call the icing on the cake.  I love cake and when I was little I hated the frosting but now I want the whole cake.  So, that is how I feel about this glitter topping.  You have two beautiful layers and they are good just the way they are but when you add icing it is just delicious.  Christy says that these are her favorite glitters so I can imagine how great it feels to create something like this.  I feel that this is a special polish because it has all of Christy’s favorite colors.  Imagine doing something you love but still having to make things that the public wants.  I know I have done manicures that I am just not in to but for whatever reason they are done.  This is not in anyway the norm but sometimes there is a collection with a polish you can’t wait to get off you hands.  This polish is made with Christy’s favorite “circle glitters in fuchsia, aqua, and sliver, hex glitters in sapphire and turquoise, and micro slices in fuchsia, aqua and sliver” these are her own words to describe this so I can imagine she was happy with the results and I hope she is elated to know how much so many of us LOVE this glitter topper.
This is called Would You Jubilee It?
DSCF1252             DSCF1254
DSCF1253

I just love it and you should see it in sunlight it sparkles.
I wish Christy and her family much success in the future and the continuation of making our hands more beautiful one bottle at a time.
Check out her collection new collection on this blog.  These polishes will be on sale on September 1, 2013.  Right now she is running a special for free shipping on purchases of $15.00.  That is really good because each bottle is $8.75 and I know there are at least two polishes you’ve been eying.  So, check it out but save plenty for the fall collection because I guarantee you are going to want at least two or three.  You can purchase at KB Shimmer
Ciao for now bellas,
Patty

No comments: