Friday, August 23, 2013

Mish Mash Challenge Week 4

Again, sorry for being late.  I am trying.  Ok, when I saw this challenge.  I thought oh, no.  I started this blog being able to do watermarbling pretty well and stamping  and that is the main thing I wanted to do but I find that that can’t always be the case since sometimes you do just have to show new lines.  My love is nail art and I have done a lot.  So, I went to the place where I think we all go for inspiration.  YouTube.  I saw newspaper nails and realized I had never done them and quite frankly the reason I never did them was because I thought they were kind of stupid.  I don’t read the newspaper at all.  As a matter of fact, I hate the newspaper because on Sunday it is all over the place especially on the bathroom floor and I get stuck picking it up.  So, I kind of despise the newspaper, so why would I want it on my nails.  So, I decided to do newspaper nails since I have never done them.  I do have a stamp that has a newspaper image but I didn’t cheat and did it the right way.  I started with two coats of OPI’s My Vampire is Buff.  Then used the alcohol on my fingers and paper for the transfer and this is what came out.  It isn’t a bad look.   I might do them again but with more of a sepia look to make the newspaper look old and worn maybe even give the edges a burnt look. Now that might be cool.  This was my very first time doing this. 
 
DSCF1335
 
DSCF1332
 
 
DSCF1334
 
 
DSCF1337
 
Let’s take a look at what the other girls did.
Ciao for now bellas,
Patty

No comments: