Saturday, December 22, 2012

My OPI Picks for OPI’s Mariah Carey Collection

Within a few days we will be seeing the Mariah Carey OPI collection in stores.  Here is a preview of the ones I chose and why I did not buy the whole collection. The reason I did not buy the whole collection was because I did not like the whole collection and if you read my blog yesterday you saw the three new collections coming from Zoya, OPI and Deborah Lippman (which I did already preorder)  Plus there is the Circus collection from China Glaze that I haven’t even posted even though I bought eight of those and two of the transitions.  Then, there is the Butter London collection.  OMG.  My head is spinning right now.  I really try to buy only what I like and I like so much.  FedEX came today and my husband was there.  As I open the boxes with glee, he laughs, coughs and says I have a $3.50 coupon for Ulta for you. I did finally get all the Wizard of Oz collection from China Glaze but then.  Well just read the next post.  This month I swore to myself I was not going to buy a lot of polish and I don’t think I did but it is one here, then two there and before I know it holy crap.  I am actually photographing what comes in this month to visually see it and show it to you all.  Well, back to the collection.

This is the Butterfly Effect.  I felt I had to have it just because it is a neutral and I love neutrals.  It is a peachy neutral with a shimmer.  I liked it but I might give it to my daughter.

DSCF6755

DSCF6756

DSCF6754

DSCF6748

This is the one I really like.  It is called Sprung.  It is a light bronze and just looks really something that is going to look great on the beach.  I can’t wait to wear it.  Actually I got embossing powder from the Born Pretty Store and I am dying to wear it because I haven’t really done a manicure I wanted to wear it a while.  I’ve been swatching so much from lost time.  Right now I am doing a manicure I want to wear plus it hasn’t been cold and now I am thinking of doing the embossing powder because it is cold in Houston finally and this might be our last cold spell.  Crap I am going to change my nails.  I can wear red anytime.  Oh, boy off track again but does that happen to you.  You end up wearing something that you just wanted to post and then you just wear it till the next day.

DSCF6708

DSCF6710

DSCF6715

DSCF6712

DSCF6713

Ok, this is the Impossible.  Weird name but I feel like this is OPI’s attempt to compete with the indie market.  You can feel and see the sand granules in this polish.  It is fun to wear that is about it.
DSCF6717

DSCF6719

DSCF6725

DSCF6722
Here is a close-up.
DSCF6727

DSCF6728
Here is with top coat.  Hate it!   Looks like I chilled jello on my nails and I love jello but not that much.


This is Give me your number.  Now this one is really sandy and gritty and glittery.  Love it.  I wore it overnight and all day today the only thing is don’t forget you are wearing it and lick your fingers because it does taste salty.
TDSCF6738

DSCF6737

DSCF6732

DSCF6734

Ok, there are four other polishes left in the collection one is a a plum color and I don’t know how many plum nail polishes I have.  Then there is a glittery pink.  Indies cover that area so I didn’t go there.  The purple sand was a toss up and I got it because I flipped a coin and picked heads for blue.  But you know something if you get to flip a coin always call heads.  For some reason for me it is always heads.  In college I took statistics and it was kind of proven that for some reason heads shows up more than tails we all had to pull out a coin and flip it.  It did not matter what type of coin it was 85% of our class flipped a coin 100 times and it was 60/40.  We were pretty amazed.  So always pick heads.  Then there is this brown sand one and I like brown polishes but not this one.  I had already read a couple of reviews stating it was really gritty so I stayed away from this one.  
So, if you are going to buy something from this line make sure you like it I believe they will be more expensive and talking about that leads me to my next post which might be a bit of a tirade.
Ciao for now,
Patty

No comments: