Saturday, December 22, 2012

New News to Me


I am getting pretty frustrated with all the lines the nail polish companies are putting out and as a blogger I feel that we have some type of a responsibility to review and let readers know of bargains.  But on the blogger end that can be expensive.  With so many indies coming out it is impossible to keep up and one thing that I have noticed is that there are maybe 8 bloggers that get all the new stuff and nobody else does.  So, how do we little blogs keep up.  I have 180 followers which I am very happy to have but feel they were only gained because of giveaways and that makes me really sad.  I thought blogging would be different.  I see other blogs that started after me and don’t do as many posts and go the extra yard to get what is new and have surpassed me in followers.  Some even get more comments than I get post views.   I try to ignore that and keep on keeping on.  So, today I had a message from a friend on my personal Facebook, when I went to check it there was some nail polish news.  When I started my blog I gave my personal Facebook address and then realized I needed one for my blog.  Still things are sent to Facebook.  Here is one thing I found.  Yes another line from OPI.  I think it is called OZ.  More polish to buy?  I don’t think so.  Not for this blogger.  I just bought the whole Holland collection, more than half of the German, all of the Skyfall and don’t get me wrong I wanted them maybe not the three reds but still, the Mariah Carey line is due out if not out already.   That is just OPI, not to mention all the other brands and indies.  So, here is a picture of Oz, I have no idea if I will buy any of them.

398414_447888561937053_740881653_n[1]
Then there was a disturbing post on the Cult nail blog.  Effective Jan 1, 2013 all nail polish will be $12.00 instead of ten with some polishes being as high as $15.00.  So, what do you think about those prices bloggers who pay for their polish???  Maybe I am just going to stop buying polish altogether.  See, I did a poll on my blog and people voted that they wanted to see more swatches.  So, that is what I have been trying to give you but I feel very sad when I get no comments and no new followers.  With prices going up,  I might just do nail art with some occasional swatching.  Some might not like the ads I do for Latina Bloggers but they pay me a little to do them and I love doing them.  So, with the end of the year coming I have to set some goals and even though I have had my new year that is a spiritual one.  My calendar new year I set achievement goals because if I don’t then I just go round in circles and life is way too short for that. 
So that is all for now

Ciao, bellas,
Patty

No comments: