Friday, April 12, 2013

Battle of the Butter Londons

Today, I have the dilemma of which butter London to keep but after seeing both you will see the choice is clear.   This is Torch, a Nordstrom exclusive, I had kind of been waiting for because of the pictures I had seen.  I was so impressed they showed it with gold flecks in the sun.  I got it and was not too pleased.  First, it is a jelly.  Ok, I can overlook that but it did not have the wow factor swatches butter London was putting out.  So, it has been sitting on my go back to Nordstrom shelf for about a week now.  Meantime, I was very happy with Jaffa, the orange crème.
 
torch4
 
 
torch5
 
torch9
 
torch7



 
 
Now go forward one week.  Butter London announces I guess their summer line.   Wow, there is this polish called Sunbaker.  Had to try that one.  Holy crap.  A total winner.  No problems with pictures.  It is like a perfect polish with one flaw I am willing to work with and that is the first coat is a little streaky and I did use three coats but check it out it is like you hear, AHH, when you see it.
 
sun2
 
sun9
 
sun7
 
sun11
 
Just look at that sparkle.  This is in the shade and look at how it shimmers with gold.  I love this polish.  I see myself wearing very often this summer.  I am so happy with it and so glad I got it.  There is one other from the collection that might have that WOW factor but I won’t know until tomorrow.  I am actually going to drag my butt to Nordstrom and go exchange Torch for I am really looking at Marbs.  If it has the same WOW factor that this does I am set to go.  Since my husband is not going to have a long vacation we are just going to spend a few days at a local beach.  Wish we could go to our hometown beach but it is too far.  So, we settled on a short visit to a local beach which is fine.  Next year it is either Xtapa or back to Venice, CA.  I don’t know which I would want more but we will see.  I might just buy another bottle of this so I can be sure I have it for next summer that is how much I like this polish.
So, if you had to choose what would be your choice they are both pretty, I am just gaga over Sunbaker but I don’t know does anyone prefer Torch?
Ciao for now bellas,
Patty

No comments: