Sunday, July 15, 2012

Acknowledgement

As most of you might know by now, Sylvester Stallone's son died last week.  Just joining a group of young people before their time.  I am a BIG Dr. Drew fan and agree when is this going to stop and how.  These pain drugs, Vicodin, Norco and Oxycodone are so addictive,  but they feel so good.  I suffered a severe accident and was on all three of these drugs for two years.  I was addicted and it was horrible.  I could not even get out of bed unless I took them because my body ached but when they hit my body I can imagine that it was much like what a heroin addict feels like when the drug hits their system.  I will tell you how addictive this is.  A friend of mine got a tooth taken out and she called me three days later saying something was wrong.   She was itching and her body ached and thought she was allergic to the antibiotic.  I knew exactly what was wrong.  I told her her body was becoming addicted to the hydrocodone(the main drug in Vicodin, Norco and Oxycodone).  She stopped taking the pills and felt much better.  My detox was pretty hard but luckily doctor assisted with a drug called suboxone.  Sometimes I think that these overdoses happen just because people do not keep up with how many pills they are taking and seeking that morning high which you really don't get again till the next day.  Because I know my body can become easily addicted to opiates,  I need to be careful.  My hospital stay went well and I only took oral medication for three days which my MD was really happy for.  If you or anyone you know is having a problem don't wait talk to your doctor especially about suboxone which curves most withdrawal. 
 
Ciao for now,

Patty

 
If you like this post join this site on the right side of this page.
 
(In NO way am I giving this information as a medical professional only from personal experience.  If you have questions please talk to your doctor)


No comments: