Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Girls,Girls, Girls

Today I received my Girls Collection Polishes from Deborah Lippman and I am pretty happy with them.  The only thing is that I don’t watch the show so, I really don’t know if the colors match the character.  I remember watching the first show but it didn’t hold my attention and I was still missing my usual Sex and the City girls.  So, I am going to watch some shows on demand and see if it is any better.


This is the packaging the polish come in which is pretty cute and good because I don’t have anymore shelf room for individual polish but for sets I do.  So, I do like that it came in a set.
girls1                                                     girls4

This is Shoshanna.  A blue that tends to have a little lilac in it.  The formula was smooth.  This is three coats with a top coat of Seche Vite.  I am out of my favorite Nubar top coat.

girls 25


girls 28


girls20

The next one is Marnie.  A soft pink.  This one was a little streaky but was smooth with three coats.  The color reminds me a lot of Butter London Teddy Girl.  I will check to see how close they are.
girls30

girls 37

girls 300

The next one is Hannah a beautiful green leaning on some teal.  This one is my favorite of the collection.

girls 40

girls

girls 43

The last one is Jessa.  A beautiful red.  It is more of a blue red than a purple red.  I wore it tonight and I know this is going to sound weird but it made my hands look like really young and clean I had been swatching most of the day so for my hands to look that good after what I had put them through, it was pretty good.  Another thing I noticed was that it made my hands look thinner and when a polish can do that I loved it.  The formula is really good on this one and I think it is my second favorite of the group.

girls 54

girls 55

girls 54

So that is it.  I am not sure if this is still available.  I did not see it on the Nordstrom website.  I pre-ordered directly from the Deborah Lippman website.  I think it is still available on the Lippman website.  The only pitfall is that they are not sold individually.


Ciao,
Patty

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the show, but I wish the colors were more interesting. I'm definitely not forking over Lippman money unless it's something amazing. :P
P.S. I think the last one is Jessa, not Raven.
Thanks for swatching!

Melissa said...

I LOVE the show. I also love the Marnie and Shoshanna colors. Those are very fitting to their characters.

Jessa and Hannah are kinda meh and don't really fit their characters in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing!